Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Deuter's Nordic 1



I thank God for creating me as me. I have a high pain/stretch tolerance level. I can endure muscle pain for a long time without pain killers...of course the feeling sucks but I can manage somehow. Also, I observed that I can run 10K++ without hydration. What I do is I drink a lot of water before running then drink tons after. The downside is, I lose/waste muscles. And so I considered wearing hydration belts. I don’t bring hydration belts with me in official races since fuels are provided generously every 2K.

I’ve been eyeing these hydration belts from Nike. They’re cool. They’re nice. They’re Nike.--- I love everything about Nike! I think they’re excellent---one of my self-considered Super brands. It is known worldwide, the brand embodies superior performance, the logo reflects class and exclusivity. If Nike isn’t, it won’t be endorsed by excellent athletes [Michael Jordan, Manny Pacquiao etc.]

Going back to hydration, I can’t find them in our local Nike Parks, always out of stock. Am gonna need a better fuel belt for my long distance TBR Dream Marathon Training. I’m considering a high capacity single flask fuel belt and I found this: Deuter Nordic 1.

A hip pack made by Deuter which carries one big flask, designed for long distance PR’s and 2 pockets: one small pocket on the right side for car keys, ID’s and small stuffs; and a bigger zip-enabled pocket on the left side for gels, food, a cheeseburger and even a digital camera [if you want to capture the thrill of the trail]. Just one checkpoint: it doesn’t come with a flask. You actually have to purchase one or buy your favourite bottled energy drink from 7-11 for it. Luckily, my Fitness First tumbler which I never really used fits perfectly in it. Designed professionally, it is also very lightweight ‘like there’s nothing there.’ haha kidding. 4.5 diamonds for Deuter’s Nordic 1.


Available at
Chris Sports at Php 990.

No comments:

Post a Comment