Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Unused Singlet and Race Chip




Two days before the deadline, I registered for the Globe Run for Home race. It’s Globe. It’s one of my self-considered Super Brands. Been a Globe user since I had my first mobile phone, and I think Globe did a very good job in packaging its name for high-end use---that’s what I like about Globe.

Racewise, I was kinda disappointed because there were no slots left already for the 21K category. It was Wednesday and I’m in Alabang Town Center. I felt like am in the other end of the world and won’t have enough time to rush to the nearest Globe Reg. Booth. But it was my fault. I was given a chance to register in Globe Mall of Asia two days before but I did not. Then there I was making ‘kulit’ to the registration personnel to maybe do some ‘workaround.’ Am actually collecting finisher's medals but sadly...‘There’s nothing we can do, Sir.’

But since it is Globe, I still registered...for the 15K category. *sigh* but wait, there’s more! They ran out of large sized singlet so I got the medium size. It still fits...fit! Then Saturday came. Been going around the area canvassing for not too expensive furniture and fixtures for my new office. Then Sunday came, I woke up 3am and it’s impossible to be on time for the race. I had a full breakfast and as I was about to enter the shower, I thought there’s no way am gonna be on time for the race---and so I pulled it off. *sigh*

Learned my lesson. Great job Globe for coming up with singlets manufactured from pet bottles. and I heard there were no finisher's medals for 21K, maybe you can provide medals for your next races. Most people look up to it.

I know you guys had a great time running with Globe, “dahil sa Globe, abot mo ang mundo.” I look forward to running with you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment