Friday, January 7, 2011

1M2L | Dreaming With Eyes Wide Open


We all got dreams. Whether it’s just a basic, “I just wanna graduate” dream of the Big Hairy Audacious Dreams [Goals], they’re all dreams. One of my business mentors once said, “Walang basagan ng dreams ha, whether maliit lang un or malaki, ok lang un. Dreams natin un!” what is your ultimate dream? Mine is, to be wealthy. People label it as “Financial Freedom.” I wanna be wealthy that’s why I took the Business Ave more than the Job Road. Writing this reminded me of Travie McCoy’s “Billionaire” but not for the heck of it. I want to be wealthy not just to sustain a simple life but mainly to support missionaries, missions and the advancement of God’s kingdom. Btw, I define a simple life as “when I want something, I buy it!” I’ve always felt this calling to be at the back end support of the kingdom advancement. I started with two campus missionaries last year and am planning to add 2 more this year.

But in order for me to get to that dream, I need to do my part and work smarter to put up new businesses. Business is as tough as Life, as hard as raising a family. I need endurance to do that. Our dreams, awesome as they may seem, comes from others sources. But the best dreams are those God placed in our hearts. The Greek word for heart is ‘kardiva’ which means “the real you.” When God puts a dream in us, it defines us and it really is for us. How do we know if that dream is from God? ---we’re passionate to do it. We’ll suffer almost everything to pursue it. It always comes up. It resurfaces every time no matter how hard we neglect them. 

But just like in any other movies, there will always be some people who will work as hard to get you out of your dreams. They’ve got their reasons. The Bible says, the enemy is working overtime to steal that seed that God planted in us. We better focus on how to get to the dream no matter how hard it could be. Remember we need endurance to do it. Focus yields results.

No comments:

Post a Comment